Saturday, December 20, 2008

La chica con el sombrero rosa




That's me - the girl in the pink hat.  Dave and I were never far apart thanks to my glaringly tourist-y pink hat that happens to be oh-so-cute.  This lovely number kept my cabeza free from mosquito bites while we toured what has to be the most beautiful place I have had a chance to visit on this great planet.  Over two days, we wandered around both the Argentina and Brazil sides of Iguazu Falls (or Iguassu in Brazil) - a national park in both countries.  I had serious doubts at first that what I was seeing was even real.  There are about 270 waterfalls in this park and thousands of cubic meters per second of water plunge down as much as 80 meters!!!   To top it all off - the place is set amidst a vast expanse of rainforest.  We saw all kinds of beautiful animals and plants.  The park was teeming with life.  The hardest photo subjects were the butterflies, which were abundant and covered with the most diverse and beautiful markings I have ever seen.  We saw all kinds of birds and rodent-like furry things... altogether a great trip.




Well - that's it from us today.  See?  I told you we'd do something more fun this time around.  A BIG thanks goes out to Joseph and Michaeljoon for INSISTING we go to Iguazu no matter what.  It was 100% worth it.  So now - we recommend you visit, too.  

xoxo
K and D

P.S. A parting gift - a pic from the Brazilian side (of the two of us, take by new friend Aparna) and a couple of Dave's (aka the photographer's) best shots...




1 comment:

Joseph & Rachel Shamash said...

I told you it was one of the most beautiful places in the world!!!